- Professors Mike Bessert and Steve Nold led 13 students on a faculty-led program to Belize during WinTerm to study biology in the Neotropics.
- Approximately 40 students are studying abroad in Belgium, Costa Rica, Germany, Greece, Italy, South Korea, Spain and Sweden this spring.
- The faculty-led program to Greece during Spring Break will bring Greek Mythology to life for 22 students, whose journey will range from the plains of the Peloponnese to the heights of Olympus.
- An additional 30 students will be studying in the National Student Exchange program and a spring break choir program to Puerto Rico.
Plan Ahead for Fall and Winter
Check out the study abroad programs for this fall and next winter. Three summer programs for your student to consider are:
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, taught in Sweden by Professor Mary Spaeth, May 14 to 30
- Environmental Science and Sustainability, taught in Hawaii by Professor Julie Beston, May 24 to June 9
- Art and Design, taught in Florence, Italy at Accademia Italiana
A Global Impression for First-Year Students
Incoming students beginning this fall are encouraged to participate in the JUMPSTART: Scotland precollege study abroad program, June 26 to July 22.
- Study at Newbattle Abbey College, a renovated medieval monastery in Dalkeith
- Earn six general education credits and receive precollege guidance and mentorship from UW-Stout faculty leaders Dave Beck and Mitch Ogden
- Scottish-themed courses, rich with integrated excursions are offered in a safe and supportive living-learning community
- Meet new friends, gain independence, confidence and global awareness
- Financial aid may apply by completing a 2021-22 FAFSA
And if you are an alumnus from the Experience Scotland program, we want to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.
OIE continues to monitor the global pandemic and is conducting extensive risk assessments for each program and location, helping to mitigate risk and promote the health and safety of all participants.