HEERFIII or ARP
- On 4/13/2020, UW-Stout signed and returned to the US Department of Education (ED) the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. All student emergency aid funding authorized under the CARES Act (HEERF I) and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) (HEERF II) has been disbursed, and the final reports for those funds were submitted. In addition to the CARES Act (HEERF I) and CRRSAA (HEERF II) funding administered, UW-Stout will use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 2003(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) (HEERF III) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- On 5/25/2021, UW-Stout received an award of $7,260,499 from ED to be provided as Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under Section 2003(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) (HEERF III).
- For the quarter ending September 30, 2021, $267,809.27 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants have been distributed to students under Section 2003(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the ARP (HEERF III). (These expenditures were to Pell grant recipients attending in Summer term.)
- An estimated total of 1,797 students at UW-Stout are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under Section 2003(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the ARP (HEERF III).
- For the quarter ending September 30, 2021, a total of 490 UW-Stout students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 2003(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the ARP (HEERF III). Priority was given to students with exceptional need as determined by the FAFSA. (474 of the 478 Pell grants students received funding. An additional 16 students received funds after submitting an application to the Dean of Students requesting emergency funds, for a total of 490.)
To be eligible for an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 2003(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the ARP (HEERF III), UW-Stout students were required to be:
All Pell students enrolled in summer coursework received $500
-Fall, Spring 2021-2022:
Demonstrating significant financial need arising from the COVID-19 pandemic via
receipt of a Federal Pell Grant during the 2021-22 year
Enrolled at least half-time
Self-certification on an institutional application- Dean of Students Office
EFC range from 0-15,000 received $3000 for the year
EFC range $15,001-20,000 received $1500 for the year
Students who notified the financial aid office or had applied for December 2021 graduation, received their entire award in the fall term
Student awarded by the block grant process were given a choice to have the funds disburse directly to their account or to be refunded directly to the student.
Applications submitted to the Dean of Students Office and approved, allow students to choose to have the funds disburse to their account or refund directly to the student.
(Fall funds began disbursing after 09/30/2021 and will be reflected in a future report.)
- Guidance from the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid