Your minor in Chemistry will provide you with an understanding of the fundamentals of chemistry and experience with organic, analytical, inorganic, biochemistry or physical chemistry.
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts, theories, and principles in chemistry.
- Relate chemistry to daily life and environment.
- Apply scientific method in gathering, interpreting scientific data and in solving chemical problems.
- Acquire knowledge and hands-on experience of experimental methods, techniques and instrumentation used in chemistry.
- Develop competence in oral and written forms of scientific communication.
This minor could prepare you for a career or graduate study in life sciences, medicine or other health-related fields.
To declare a minor, complete the "Applying for a Minor" survey online, and you will be given further instructions. Once this has been processed you will receive an e-mail confirmation from the Advisement Center.