Welcome to the Office of International Education (OIE). The University of Wisconsin-Stout is "Stout Proud" to have more than 180 degree-seeking and exchange international students representing 40+ nationalities per annum as part of our diverse campus community. We are also proud to send approximately 200 UW-Stout students on enriching high-impact study away experiences, both domestically and internationally, each year.
The Office of International Education (OIE) is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Appointments with OIE staff can be made here. Staff may also be contacted by phone at 715-232-2132, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for int'l student services and email@example.com for study abroad services.
The Office of International Education seeks to accomplish the following:
- Advance education abroad opportunities that encompass experiential, innovative, and career-focused learning for the UW-Stout community.
- Cultivate institutional partnerships to foster global experiences for all UW-Stout stakeholders.
- Diversify our campus population through mindful recruitment of international students.
- Provide quality support services to international students, visiting scholars, and guests.
- Advance initiatives that foster intercultural and global competencies for students, faculty, staff and the local community.
- Provide quality English as a Second Language (ESL) courses and support to facilitate international student success.