This certificate is being suspended. New students may enroll in this certificate through Summer 2021. Students currently enrolled in certificate courses or modules will have until the end of the Spring 2022 term to finish the remaining requirements for completion of this certificate.
UW-Stout's Certificate in Evaluation Studies offers you online course flexibility to start or advance your career as an Evaluation Specialist, Assessment Coordinator, Data Analyst, Research Associate, Healthcare Analyst, Market Analyst, Institutional Researcher and many other positions in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. The American Evaluation Association maintains a current listing of positions relevant to the knowledge and skills developed through this certificate program.
Our comprehensive program will provide you with a foundation in:
- Theories of evaluation
- Professional and ethical considerations
- Project management
- Data collection
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Team and client communication
- Report development
The capstone practicum course provides real world experience.
Set your own pace and gain valuable expertise. The online certificate courses are offered concurrently and can be taken in any order. Credits earned can be applied toward UW-Stout's Master of Science in Applied Psychology.
"The course (720) was initially incredibly challenging to me, but as soon as I was able to recognize and appreciate the nuanced similarities between my current profession and civilian evaluation studies it became so much "easier" to traverse through. I firmly believe that this courses content delivery system (modules w/ flexible due dates) is a significant advantage, and I have recommended that this course be taken to many of my colleagues who work within both the military and the public school system.”
- Stephen Buhrmann
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- $647 per graduate credit — nominal fee for supplementary resources.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.