- Go to https://password.uwstout.edu/activate.aspx to activate your UW-Stout e-mail. You will need your student ID number. Contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 715-232-1411 if you cannot remember your ID number.
- You received a letter and an e-mail from Admissions shortly after applying which includes your student ID number.
- After successfully setting your password, you will be directed to activate your UW-Stout e-mail account. Once your email is set up please begin using your UW-Stout email for all communication with UW-Stout.
- Your e-mail username and password are used for all UW-Stout login functions.
- You will receive an e-mail in your UW-Stout e-mail account when your Transfer Credit Report has been completed. Read how to interpret your Transfer Credit Report here: TCR Explanation 2023.pdf
- All students are required to either take the University of Wisconsin English and Math Placement Tests or have college credit in English and Math.
- The e-mail mentioned in Step 2 identifies whether you need to complete a placement exam(s).
- Register for Placement Testing at the UW-System Center for Placement Testing
- Students who have already taken the University of Wisconsin Placement Tests do not need to take them again. If you have transfer credits in any of the following English courses, you do not need to take the English Placement Tests: ENGL 090; 101; 111.
- If you have college credit in math, your advisor will advise you on what math class to enroll in.
- If you plan to take Spanish while attending UW-Stout and have not taken Spanish at your previous institution you will need to take the Spanish World Languages Placement Test.
- If you have additional questions about placement or testing contact our Testing Center via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your Transfer Credit Report (TCR) has been completed, you will receive an email from your major’s program director or an Advisement Center advisor that will start the advising process.
You will receive an email in your UW-Stout email account with a link to access the Canvas course, Transfer Registration & Orientation. The Transfer Registration & Orientation Canvas course is required for all new transfer students. Completing the advising and orientation course will provide you with resources and tutorials to enroll and successfully transfer to UW-Stout.
We will offer an optional on-campus transfer orientation day on August 18. Watch your email for an invitation with a registration link. You will have the opportunity to pick up your Stout BlueCard, UW-Stout issued laptop, tour campus, and meet with various offices and departments at our resource fair. Note: Advising and course registration is not part of this full-day experience. Advising should occur before your orientation date.