A virtual 3-day conference focused on sharing your creative and innovative practices with your colleagues.
SAVE THE DATE
January 16-18, 2024
Location: Online through our Learning Management System (CANVAS)
Credits: The Expo is worth 28.25 contact hours (subject to change). Contact hours are tabulated as: 1 CRC clock hour is worth 1 CRC and 1 CEU clock hour is worth 0.1 CEU. This conference is pre-approved for CRCs by the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Certification and for CEUs by the National University Continuing Education Association. Note: CRCs are included in the price of this conference. There is an additional single $23 fee for CEUs. You can find more information here: https://www.uwstout.edu/EXPO_CEUs
Accommodations: Please email email@example.com by January 6, 2023, with any accommodation requests.
This is a virtual 3-day conference with access to the content from January 24 - February 6, 2023.
Purpose: Provide a virtual forum for sharing innovative and creative solutions in vocational rehabilitation (VR) that are field initiated (frontline), improve the consumer VR experience, and result in high-quality employment outcomes.
Philosophy: Some of the most innovative and creative solutions come from professionals who work directly with consumers and recognize needs, opportunities, and new possibilities. This expo is designed to give frontline VR professionals a forum to share new ideas, innovative solutions, and creative projects with others in the field. It is also an opportunity to be inspired by peers to think differently, reconnect with creative abilities, and revitalize professional commitment by seeing the field from an exciting new perspective. The expo will be offered virtually on an annual basis to ensure the ability of all frontline staff to attend, participate, and be inspired.
Theme: Bright Ideas, Bright Future
Day One - Tuesday, January 24th
- 8:30 am - Online Reception and Login
- 8:30 am - On Demand Presentations, Virtual Vendor Hall are OPEN
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am - Welcome - Kyle Walker (SVRI)
- 9:30 am - 11:00 am - Recorded Presentation – Innovation Imperative: We Need You! – followed by LIVE discussion with presenter - Steve Wooderson (CSAVR)
- 11:00 am - 11:30 am - BREAK
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm - Keynote Presentation – The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Reinventing Public Vocational Rehabilitation Through Transformational Innovation - Followed with LIVE discussion with presenter - Kyle Walker (SVRI)
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - BREAK
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm - Recorded Presentation – The Impact of Case Management on Counseling Practice: Considerations for the Future – followed by LIVE discussion with presenters – Dr. Michael O’Brien (Alliance Enterprises)
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Recorded Presentation – Wisconsin’s VR Career Advancement Initiative – followed by LIVE discussion with presenters from - Wisconsin DVR and UW-Madison
- 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm - Day One Wrap-up and Prize Drawing
Day Two – Wednesday, January 25th
- 8:45 am - General Announcements
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am - Recorded Presentation – Tracking PE Students - followed by LIVE Discussion with presenters from - Tyler Technologies
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am – BREAK
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm - Recorded Presentation – Advancing Service Delivery in the VR Field for Deaf, Deafblind & Late Deafened Consumers - followed by LIVE discussion with presenters from – Alaska Department of Labor & Workforce Development
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm – BREAK
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm – Keynote Presentation – California Department of Rehabilitation’s Innovation Initiatives - followed by LIVE discussion with presenter Mark Erlichman, Trung Le, Shayn Anders, and Danielle Hackworth (California Department of Rehabilitation)
- 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm – Recorded Presentation – Virtual Career Exploration – The Next Evolution – followed by LIVE discussion with presenters from - Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Day two Wrap-up and Prize Drawing
Day Three - Thursday, January 26th
- 8:45 am - General Announcements
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am - Recorded Presentation – Overcoming Negative Attitudes: Effective Strategies to use with Employers - followed by LIVE discussion with presenter – Dr. James F. McNeil (Vocational Consulting Services)
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am – BREAK
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm - Recorded Presentation – A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management and Emotional Regulation – followed by LIVE discussion with presenter – Christine Paul (State of MN VR Services)
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm – BREAK
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Keynote Presentation – Innovative Projects Within HKNC – followed by LIVE discussion with presenters Chris Woodfill and Ryan Odland (Helen Keller National Center)
- 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm - Recorded Presentation – Project STEMM-UP – followed by LIVE discussion with presenters from: Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Day three Wrap-up and Prize Drawings
The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Reinventing Public Vocational Rehabilitation Through Transformational Innovation
California Department of Rehabilitation's Innovation Initiatives
Innovations at Helen Keller National Center: Field Services, Employment Services and Organizational Transformation
Presentations With Live Q&A
Innovation Imperative: We Need You!
The Impact of Case Management on Counseling Practice: Considerations for the Future
Wisconsin's VR Career Advancement Initiative
Advancing Service Delivery in the VR Field for Deaf, Deafblind, & Late Deafened Consumers
Virtual Career Exploration - The Next Evolution
Overcoming Negative Attitudes: Effective Strategies to Use with Employers
A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management and Emotional Regulation
A Unique You - Sculpting Your Calling Into a Career
Business Services: Best Practices
Delivering Inclusive, Accessible Student Services
Enhancing Mobility for Power Chair Users
Examining the Impact of Endemic Labor Market Trends
From One to Many - Opportunities Are Opening with Project Access!
iStrive: Cognitive Behavioral Skill Building
Mentoring as the Ingredients: Collaborating with Community and Faith Based Agencies
OTs in VR: An Innovative, Interdisciplinary Approach
Quality Employment Strategies: State Perspectives
Roadmap to Employment: Destination Success
Texas Vocational Rehabilitation Innovation Summary
Vocational Resource Facilitation in SCI
Working with a Traumatic Brain Injury: Accommodations and Strategies
Benefits of Sponsoring the Innovation Inspiration Expo
Investment: Invest in your brand equity by supporting the community of rehabilitation professionals.
Talent: Connect with line staff, supervisors, and agency directors who are at the forefront of the rehabilitation and assistive technology field.
Leadership: Demonstrate your organization’s leadership and innovative practices in front of the brightest minds in the field.
The Innovation Inspiration Expo is a grassroots effort to connect all vocational rehabilitation professionals to educate, discuss, and share different and inspiring practices that are working in the field
Download our Brochure from SharePoint
Download our Brochure from Google Drive