$400/person | Online
This course is designed to prepare participants to take and pass the Lean Bronze Certification Examination, which will be offered on the second day for those who sign up for the exam separately with SME. This 3-hour multiple choice exam is designed to test understanding of the Lean Certification Body of Knowledge.
The review course helps participants understand the body of knowledge that test questions are drawn from, provides practice exams and exercises to give students a good idea of what will be included in the exam, and offers several takeaways that students will find useful on exam day.
This event is a Bronze Level Exam Preparation Course (with ability to sit for Bronze exam as an option), designed to prepare students to take and pass the multiple choice, open book exam that is the first step in pursuing certification. Bronze Certification is focused on tactical application of lean. Tactical lean is the deployment and application of lean principles, concepts and methods locally, within a work cell, work group or value stream.
Lean Bronze Certification 2-day Online Preparation Course
- Introductions & Lean Certification overview
- Practice exam #1
- Formula review & practice (worksheet and review questions)
- Cultural enablers (team research)
- Continuous process improvement (individual worksheets and group review)
- Continuous process improvement (team research)
- Portfolio development
- Additional check activity (short answer & true/false)
- Business results – (team research)
- Practice exam #2
- Test taking strategies, wrap up, Q&A
- Exam – 3 hours, multiple choice
Study materials for the course consist of the body of knowledge and recommended reading books, which are listed below and on the SME website (https://www.sme.org/globalassets/sme.org/training/certifications/lean-c…) in the CURRENT COLUMN.
The books must be purchased and read by attendees prior to attending the review course. Please bring these materials with you for use during the review course and the open book exam.
- Understanding of the Bronze-level Body of Knowledge and requirements
- Review of recommended material
- Learn how the test is structured
- Learn how to focus your exam preparation activities
- Group activities and discussions
- Practice exercises and tests
Participants in this course are expected to read the recommended readings prior to the course and should bring their books to the class. E-Books are not allowed for the exam
Exam questions are based on specific Recommended Readings:
- Gemba Kaizen: A Commonsense Approach to a Continuous Improvement Strategy Second Edition
- Lean Production Simplified: Plain-Language Guide to the World’s Most Powerful Production System
- Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation
- Learning to See: Value Stream Mapping to Create Value and Eliminate MUDA
The course will be followed by the Bronze exam on the morning of day 3 for those who have signed up for it separately with SME.
Register through UW-Stout MOC no less than 2 weeks prior to the exam date (day 3).
Proctor: Roger Gehring
Exam Only Fee: $295.00
Portfolio Only Fee: $245.00
If you know you will be completing the portfolio and finishing the certification, you can register for the exam and portfolio together direct through SME for $439.00.
Note: You must register for the online exam.
UW-Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center