UW-Stout is pleased to offer opportunities to obtain undergraduate credit, graduate credit or continuing education units (CEU) for the 2018 ATEA National Conference attendees. Check out our credential options below for more information and registration details!
Please note that conference registration must be completed through the ATEA website.
Application for credits or CEU's must be completed through UW-Stout. See information below and links at right.
Registration Information for Spring 2018 ATEA Conference-Credit Option
Course Title: CTE 375/575 700A Addressing the Skills Gap with Pathways and Partnerships -1 credit
Course Schedule: Attendance at ATEA Conference on March 21-23 plus online to 5/11/18.
Location: DoubleTree Hotel
Instructor: Dr. Sylvia Tiala
Tuition Rates for 1 Graduate or Undergraduate Credit:
Register online for UW-Stout credit today!
When you get to the section on Term & Course Information, use the following information to complete section on Course 1:
- Subject: CTE
- Number: Use 375 for undergraduate level or 575 for graduate level
- Course Section: 700A
- Credits: 1
- Course Title: Addressing the Skills Gap with Pathways & Partnerships
- G/UG: Select undergraduate or graduate credit in the drop down box
- Start Time: 8:00 am
- End Time: 5:00 pm
- Days Meet: W, Th, Fri
- Begin Date: March 21, 2018
- End Date: May 11, 2018
- Location: Racine/Kenosha
For any questions regarding credit registration, please contact email@example.com or 715-232-5167 and speak with Darci Ward or call 715-232-2485 and speak with Vicki Anderson.
Conference Participation Including:
- ATEA Opening Session
- Industry Tour (Choose 1 associated with selected pathway)
- ATEA Networking/Museum
- Industry Partner Panel
- Industry Pathway Training (Choose 1)
- Health & Protective Services
- Sustainable Energy
- Information Technology
- Keynote: The Dignity of Work
- Student Reflection and Deliverables
- Submit a reflection on the impact that conference activities have on your professional development.
Compare and contrast a minimum of two strategies that are being used to address the skills gap in technical fields.
- Submit a written summary explaining how you will change your course/curriculum activities to address one of ATEA’s goals as a result of concepts/skills gained by your conference participation. [Note ATEA’s goals as listed at http://www.ateaonline.org/page-1696412: 1) Promote high quality technical education; 2) Advocate the value of technical education to society; 3) Disseminate information regarding current issues, trends and exemplary practices in technical education; ) Partner with educational institutions, business, industry, labor and government to enhance workforce development strategies.]
- Provide an example of supporting materials that will help you accomplish the goals established in #3.
- Create a rubric to determine the effectiveness of the activity you have developed.
For questions regarding the course please contact: Sylvia Tiala firstname.lastname@example.org
Up to 1.3 Continuing Education Units (CEU) are available through University of Wisconsin – Stout Professional Education Programs and Services ($20 fee applies). Actual CEU's awarded are dependent upon participation in designated activities. Program areas eligible for CEU award include:
Wednesday, March 21, 2018:
- Industry Pathway Tours (1:15 – 3:45 pm)
Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Opening Plenary Session: Panel on Pathways & Partnerships (8:00 – 9:00 am)
- Professional Development Pathways (10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
- Transportation Pathway
- Advanced Manufacturing Pathway
- Health & Protective Services Pathway
- Sustainable Energy Systems Pathway
- Information Technology Pathway
- ATEA Reception and Keynote Presentation (4:30 – 6:30 pm)
Friday, March 23, 2018
- National Apprenticeship Opportunities and Closing Keynote (9:00 - 10:15 am)
To apply for CEUs, participants must complete the 2018 ATEA National Conference CEU certification form following attendance at the conference. Forms will be available at the conference registration desk or may be downloaded here.
If you have questions regarding CEUs, contact UW-Stout Professional Education Programs and Services at email@example.com or 715.232.2793.