Opening on March 1, 2021
The Niche is a boutique in Heritage Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Stout campus run by Bachelor of Science in Retail Merchandising and Management students under the direction of Sarah Eileen Smith.
Every semester, a group of students enrolled in the Retail Practicum/Co-op course attend trade shows and markets to buy products for the following semester. The students negotiate prices, quantities, and deadlines with vendors and establish professional relationships.
The following semester, the students price and set up the items in the store. Students enrolled in the course also work in The Niche during the week, replenish stock and track and analyze weekly sales.
Shop local, stylish, & smart. Shop The Niche.
The Niche sells a variety of merchandise to cover all your student life needs, including:
- T-shirts, blouses, dresses, rompers, jean jackets, sweaters, jeans, skirts, bodysuits, and windbreakers
- Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, hair clips, scrunchies, belts, wallets, totes, belt bag, scarves, hats, mittens, sunglasses, and socks
- Mangiacotti (body wash, hand sanitizer, hand repair, mini lip repair), Harper + Ari (sugar scrubs)
- Pop sockets, makeup brush cleaner, candles
- Bagels, muffins donuts, chips, candy, coffee, soda, Gatorade, juice, hot chocolate, and tea