Learn how to integrate video conferencing tools, social media, discussion forums, assessment tools, learning management systems, screencasts, and closed caption videos.
Register now to reserve a spot. There is no registration fee to reserve a class.
Our course includes how to
- Build an online learning community using video conferencing tools such as Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams to virtually connect with students.
- Analyze research on using learning management systems for online and hybrid settings.
- Use interactive technology tools to engage and motivate students online.
- Create a technology-based assessment to provide immediate feedback and improve student success.
- Critically analyze universal design and accessibility research.
- Create a closed caption video.
- Research, evaluate, and curate digital information.
- Apply online teaching best practices and theories to enhance face-to-face instruction/training with blended learning or convert courses and training/workshops for online delivery and remote teaching.
Three semester hours of graduate credit
Instructor: Maggie Rouman
Spring: January 23 - March 17, 2023
Tuition: $476 per semester hour graduate credit ($952 for a two-credit course)
Spring Tuition Due: March 1, 2023
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development.
We invite you to enroll in our E-learning for Educators course to meet your professional development goals if you need a license renewal, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
"The advice I received and the skills I learned while completing the E-Learning and Online Teaching courses have been invaluable. I am a nursing instructor and have been able to tap into the wisdom of instructors and fellow students from a wide variety of backgrounds and places to improve my courses.
With the pandemic changes, I find myself applying what I have learned almost daily. Thank you, UW-Stout, for this course!"
~Judith R Corcoran, RN, MSN, CNE, Associate Professor of Nursing
Moraine Valley Community College
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree and the Master of Science in Career and Technical Education program.
Our students include:
- Teachers (k-12, flipped classroom, and virtual school)
- Adjunct professors
- Adjunct faculty
- College and university professors
- Technical and community college instructors
- Healthcare, nurse educator, healthcare training, health education program
- Trainers (Staff training, corporate training, training and development, train the trainers)
- Curriculum designers, professional development coordinators, and distance education and continuing education leaders
How do I Register?
Complete the Online Registration Form.
When is the registration deadline?
Reserve your spot now. This program is top-rated, and courses fill well before the start date. This course is offered three times each year (spring, summer, and fall).
- Tuition is the same for Wisconsin residents, out-of-state and international students.
- No registration fee and no program application
- E-textbook provided as part of course tuition.
- Enrollment is limited to 15 students per section.
An e-textbook is provided when you log in to the course.
Palloff, R. M., & Pratt, K. (2013). Lessons from the virtual classroom: The realities of online teaching. (2nd ed.). Jossey-Bass ISBN: 978-111812373
If you prefer to read a hard copy of the textbook instead of reading via your computer or tablet, you may purchase the book from online bookstores such as amazon.com or textbooks.com. NOTE the ISBN and 2nd edition.
Additional recommended web-based articles will be available via the course modules.